The deadline for the 2010 NATIONAL REFEREE PROGRAM certification/re-certification for applicants, candidates and national referees is April 2, 2010.
Effective in 2010, all applicants must meet the requirements established for certification or recertification for the NISOA National Referee Program in each of the following criteria:
- The NISOA Physical Fitness Test, with an overall grade of 3.5.
- The NCAA/NISOA Soccer Rules Written Test.
- NISOA Game Assessments by a certified National Assessor for years 2010/11.
You must attend one of the clinics referenced below, and successfully complete all of the requirements for a National Referee or Candidate:
- Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA – June 4-6.
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK – June 11-13.
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA – June 18-20.
- Elizabethtown College, Elizabethtown, PA – July 9-11.
National Referees and National Referee Candidates must submit their completed 2008-2009 NISOA NRP Record Book to their Regional Area Coordinator for review and forwarding to Grier Cooper, National Referee Program Administrator. Applicants should complete the process as soon as possible as space is limited at the clinic locations. Only the first 125 respondents will be assured a place in the clinic location of their choice, and there will be a $30.00 late fee for applications postmarked after April 2, 2010. For this year’s program, two assessments are required of Applicants, both as a Referee.